OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Charles & Karen Have DANGEROUS HABITS with NBC's CONSTANTINE


"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness.  Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you.  If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away.  I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack.  I walk my path alone...Who would walk with me?"
-- John Constantine, Hellblazer #41: "The Beginning of the End"

I'm very proud to announce that my friend and co-host Karen Lindsay and I have just launched our brand-new Constantine podcast, Dangerous Habits, as part of the Southgate Media Group. Our first introductory recording, "Episode 000 -- Meet the Hosts," was posted late last night and you can listen to it HEREAnd for those of you who use iTunes, we're already available HERE.

In addition, we've set up a Dangerous Habits show page on Facebook, which you can check out HEREAnd we're also on Twitter using the account @DangerousHabit5.  Be sure to share these with all of your friends, enemies, demons, angels, sorcerers, ghosts, whomever, and help build our new podcast into something special.

Karen and I became acquainted with one another through our mutual friend Jesse Jackson, my co-host on Next Stop Everywhere: The Doctor Who Podcast.  After Karen was kind enough to fill in for Jesse on an episode of NSE, I realized how much fun I had talking with her and wanted to partner with her on something else.  Initially, I was hoping to start up a Twin Peaks podcast with her, until I learned that she was never a fan of the ABC series.  (I know, no accounting for taste...)  So, knowing that Karen was a fan of the DC Comics/VERTIGO series Hellblazer, I asked Rob Southgate of Southgate Media Group if there was an opening for a Constantine podcast.  He already had one lined up, but was open to launching a second, so I pitched the idea to Karen and here we are.  A bit Machiavellian on my part, I know, but hey, this is John Constantine after all and I think he'd respect me for it.

This first podcast covers our backgrounds as Hellblazer fans, including our love for the Garth Ennis masterpiece "Dangerous Habits" (Say, that's a great title...) and what we're looking forward to with the new NBC series.  Next time, we'll give our takes on "Non Est Asylum," the pilot episode, and we'll share our thoughts on each new episode after they air.

Oh, and our deepest thanks to Rob Southgate at Southgate Media Group for letting this happen and for all his help in getting us up and running.  Be sure to check out Southgate's website at the link above for Next Stop Everywhere and more great podcasts, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment