OVER 1.6 MILLION PAGEVIEWS SERVED

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Avengers Villain Blackout Coming to AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.


Score another one for The Masters of Evil.

Earlier today, Marvel announced that The Black Donnellys and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 actor Patrick Brennan will be playing Marcus Daniels, better known as the Avengers villain Blackout, in the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode "Providence" and a larger role in the untitled nineteeth episode.

Originally created by Marv Wolfman and Carmine Infantino in 1978's Nova #19, Blackout attained greater status as a member of Baron Zemo's supervillain group, The Masters of Evil.  Exposed to cosmic radiation, Daniels gained the power to access the Darkforce, a source of unlimited dark energy, and manipulate it for various purposes.

Blackout will be the second villain from The Masters of Evil to appear on the TV series, after Blizzard, so make of that what you will. 


According to Brennan, the producers' explained the character as "This guy, Marcus Daniels, a.k.a. Blackout, was shrouded in darkness, his soul, everything about him was shrouded in darkness until he comes across this cello player.  And the music was the only light that came into his soul, and it gave him hope and it gave him some sense of what light was.  I thought to myself, oh my god, you don’t even need to explain anything else.  Because music, to me, is what gets me through most of the time.  My kids, my wife, and music.  That aspect of it totally intrigued me. I  thought that was quite beautiful and very interesting, that aspect of the character."

Brennan also commented on his favorite moment from filming the episode, saying, "We shot the first scene of the show last, on my last night.  It was Marcus stepping off of a boat, when you first see him, and literally the boats in the harbor went off.  As he walked down the harbor, the lights went off.  It was like a kid in the candy store.  They made me this incredible coat, it was a trenchcoat with a collar sticking up, that as soon as I put it on I felt like a villain.  The costume was great.  The people who did this jacket made it special.  I tried to steal it but it didn’t work out.  That last night was exciting [but] the whole thing was great, I couldn’t pick one [moment].  I really couldn’t."

Also appearing in the episode after "Providence" is Joss Whedon favorite Amy Acker, who will be playing Audrey, the cellist Brennan referred to above.  Audrey, it seems, is the cellist Clark Gregg's character Phil Coulson mentioned in The Avengers as the love of his life.  TV Guide revealed that Audrey "believes Coulson to be dead and has no idea that he's guarding her from a distance as a super-powered threat from her past re-emerges."

"Providence" is scheduled to air on April 15th, with the Audrey episode following on April 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment